Dr. Richard Ebeling
- Debts, Deficits and America’s Fiscal Crisis
- The Federal Reserve and the Dangers of Another Economic Downturn
- Instead of the Welfare State: Private Sector Alternatives to the Entitlement Society
- Free Trade, Managed Trade and America in the Global Economy
- Tyrants of the Mind: Political Correctness and the Future of America
- American Individualism vs. Post-Modern Identity Politics
He is the author of Austrian Economics and Public Policy: Restoring Freedom and Prosperity (2016), Monetary Central Planning and the State (Future of Freedom Foundation, 2015), Political Economy, Public Policy, and Monetary Economics: Ludwig von Mises and the Austrian Tradition (Routledge, 2010) and Austrian Economics and the Political Economy of Freedom (Edward Elgar, 2003), as well as the editor of the Selected Writings of Ludwig von Mises, 3-vols. (Liberty Fund).
He previously was Professor of Economics at Northwood University (2009-2014), president of the Foundation for Economic Education (2003-2008), and the Ludwig von Mises Professor of Economics at Hillsdale College (1988-2003).
In the early 1990s, he served as a consulted on privatization and market reform in the former Soviet Union, and witnessed the sometimes-violent events leading to the end of the communist regime in 1991. He has also several times testified before the House of Representatives Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Technology concerning Federal Reserve policy issues. And he co-authored a report for the Michigan Chamber of Commerce on “Right-to-Work” that helped bring about the end to the “closed shop” in that state in 2014.
Dr. Ebeling’s PhD in economics is from Middlesex University, London, England, his Master’s Degree in Economics from Rutgers University in New Jersey, and his B.A. degree in economics from California State University, Sacramento.
- “Disaster in Red: The Human Cost and Failure of Socialism,” presented at the University of the Bahamas, sponsored by the Nassau Institute, on January 23, 2018.
- “Recognizing and Navigating the Economic Challenges Impacting the World,” presented at The Business Partner’s Retreat for the Bahamas First Group Annual Retreat of Agents and Brokers, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, May 5, 2017
- “Ethics and Economics of the Free Market,” presented at the annual meeting of the Association of Private Enterprise Education (APEE) in Maui, Hawaii, April 9-12, 2017
- “Globalization and the Free Society” delivered at the University of the Bahamas, sponsored by the Nassau Institute in the Bahamas, February 22, 2017
- “The Rule of Law and the Free Market Society,” presented at the Eleventh Annual Morality of Capitalism Conference, sponsored by the Clemson Institute for the Study of Capitalism at Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, May 31-May 2, 2016
- “Ethics and Economic Transparency in Preventing Financial Crises,” presented at conferences on Can We Prevent the Next Credit Crisis? Sponsored by the National Center for Policy Analysis, Dallas Texas, April 27, 2016 and Washington, D. C., May 12, 2016